2021 Annual Report
Our latest Annual Report is now available if you want to check out everything we have been up to through 2020/2021. Across the world it’s been a year defined by the impact of Covid-19 and at Bounce we have been adjusting to the new challenges to support young people as best we can in these extraordinary times. The resilience of our team and the young people we work with has been incredible as we have focused our efforts toward digital and remote access programs. We have a passionate team that have seen more than 8300 young people access our new digital projects and more than 6100 through our physical programs seeing this year being the biggest impact we have had since we started only 5 years ago.
A FEW OF OUR WINS
- The launch of digital programs including Virtual Breakfast Club, Online Mental Health week, Empowering Women online sessions, Resiliency School sessions, and Resiliency Focussed Athlete Q&A’s.
- The Bounce Podcast has launched after months of planning with an incredible line up of guests, thanks to the support of our athlete role models and our pro-bono media studio partner.
- Training of more Stand Tall Youth Coaches through our employment pathways programs preparing for program activations in new regions, in Australia and the United States.
- Development of our training and program systems to focus on remote program launches in expanded locations, with youth mentoring as a major focus.
- Increased volunteer engagement with more than 1000 hours of volunteer support across our program and organisational needs.
- Increased opportunities for athlete engagement including from a range of sports including basketball, football, boxing, UFC, hockey, and more….
We are focussed on the next stage of our growth with plans in 2022 to expand to new regions and the launch of our mentoring focussed Breakfast Clubs which include development pathways for our paid Youth Coaches. With 5 years since we first launched we have a very clear picture of the social impact we can have as an organisation with a clear vision for delivering mentor focused initiatives in new locations as we expand our programs across Australia and internationally into the United States.
We look forward to partnering with young people in new communities and with old and new partners as we launch new initiatives over the coming 12 months. We want to thank all the young people, volunteers, and Bounce team that have been so engaged with the work we do and the incredible partners, funders, and donors for their support in what is shaping up to be an exciting year ahead.
As always we are full of hope about what lies ahead and thankful for the group of passionate people who want to change the world with us.
A sample of what you will find in our 2021 Annual Report
About Charity Bounce
Charity Bounce is a not for profit organisation that exists to build resiliency and positive job futures for young people at -risk (12-24), using innovation through basketball to create ‘out of reach’ opportunities that inspire and motivate change. With a focus on Indigenous and culturally diverse communities, including newly arrived refugees, we aim to move young people toward a more positive future through the development of sports, education and employment focused social programs. The programs are delivered in partnership with sporting organisations, engaging professional athletes alongside our youth workers to motivate and inspire participants.
We have a 100% public donation model where private donors cover 100% of the management and administration expenses of Charity Bounce. These private donors invest into our long-term mission, our ability to scale as an organisation, and our commitment to using 100% of public donations for direct program delivery.