Elite Women’s US Trip – Open Tryout
We are excited to announce that we will be sending an elite U18 women’s team to the USA this July to compete in an all women’s elite tournament as part of our programs to see young women empowered through the game of basketball.
To provide an experience of a lifetime for an elite U18 women’s team to compete in an elite level tournament in the USA with potential to explore US college scholarship opportunities. The program will provide industry leading and inspiring tour experiences that will include ‘out of reach’ basketball opportunities with elite coaching and program partners.
Bounce are working with our partners to deliver a USA Premier Women’s Tournament experience for young women to compete in the upcoming Run 4 Roses Tournament (6th-11th July 2023 in Louisville, Kentucky). In addition, the trip will include a New York visit and exclusive meet and greet opportunities.
An open tryout will take place on Saturday the 11th March with a team to be selected based on those attending the tryout or full applications being completed. Training will commence the in March with more information to be provided for the players selected to the team, including a training schedule for the lead up to the tournament.
The program will include elite level coaching with access to US College insiders and a coaching panel including:
- former Division 1 Women’s College Coach- Chrissy Roberts
- former Professional coach and former Harlem Globetrotter Tracy William
- Sydney Kings assistant coach Fleur McIntyre
- elite Australian coaches including Renae Garlepp, Lauren King and others yet to be confirmed.
In addition to the tournament the trip will include some unique opportunities for players including:
- Players will receive a custom basketball kit in partnership with Under Armour
- Players will access US College insider sessions with Athletic Directors and Division 1 women’s coaches
- Players will be provided with money can’t buy experiences in New York including access to elite basketball networks
A full program schedule will be provided to selected players that are invited to join the team.
ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
The following eligibility criteria will be utilised to determine if players are eligible to tryout for the Bounce US team:
- Women under 18 years of age (16 & 17 years only encouraged to apply)
- Talented basketball players who want to improve their basketball skills, develop life skills and compete in a high profile US basketball tournament
- Available to travel between 4th-16th July 2023
- The program will include full and partial paid scholarship opportunities to cover the costs of the trip.
Date: Saturday the 11th March 2023
Location: Sydney Uni Sports and Fitness Centre
Cnr Codrington St. & Darlington Ln, Darlington NSW 2008
Application Form: https://charitybounce.typeform.com/bounceelite2023
Contacts: Stacy Stanley – [email protected])